Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce Recipe
Although this recipe is perfect for the holiday season, plan to use it all year-round—cranberries add "zing" to menus anytime.
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 72 meatballs. Place meatballs on racks coated with cooking spray in shallow baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 2. In a Dutch oven, combine the sauce ingredients. Cook, stirring frequently, over low heat until the cranberry sauce is melted. Gently stir in meatballs until coated. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 each: 40 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 99mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC