With their cranberry dipping sauce, these no-fuss appetizer meatballs make use of traditional Thanksgiving ingredients, so they're ideal around the holiday or anytime you're craving those favorite seasonal tastes.—Ann Baker, Texarkana, Texas
- 3 cups leftover cooked stuffing
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place stuffing in a large bowl. Crumble ground turkey and pork sausage over stuffing and mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Drain on paper towels.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; heat through. Serve with meatballs.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled meatballs in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, gently stirring and adding a little water if necessary. Meanwhile, combine and heat remaining sauce ingredients as directed. Serve over meatballs. Yield: 3 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Meatballs with Cranberry Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p120
Reviews for Meatballs with Cranberry Dipping Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review