This is one of my most loved, old recipes from my mother. I like to serve it over egg noodles.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked egg noodles
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- Place flour in a large shallow bowl; gently roll meatballs in flour. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil. Drain; return to the pan. Combine soup and water; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs Stroganoff in Country Extra March 2007, p51
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meatballs Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review