One day I was having trouble deciding what to make for dinner. So I combined whatever was in the refrigerator and freezer! To my surprise, everyone loved it! --Elizabeth Martz, Pleasant Gap, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with sausage.
- Shape beef into 1-in. balls; arrange over top. Pour broth over the casserole. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs Sausage Dinner in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p180
Reviews for Meatballs Sausage Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review