- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage or Polish sausage, halved and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Lemon-pepper seasoning to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with sausage.
- Shape beef into 1-in. balls; arrange over top. Pour broth over the casserole. Sprinkle with lemon-pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Meatballs Sausage Dinner
Sort By :
"I didn't have ground beef, so instead I used beef stew meat cut into bite size pieces. This meal was fantastic! It was easy preparation, baked itself, and all we had to do was dish it out and eat it! It was a HUGE hit. In fact, my husband went back for thirds! Needless to say there wasn't much in the way of leftovers!"
"I don't think the meatballs are worth adding because of how dry they got. I leave those off now and we love it."
"This was simple, but good. My only complaint is that the meatballs were done long before the veggies. I left it in the oven for an hour and a half and the carrots were still pretty crunchy. Next time I will skip the oven and let it simmer in a pot on the stove top. I also did not include the lemon pepper - instead I used a beef seasoning and it turned out alright."
"Very easy and delicious! I bake it 10 minutes longer and the vegetables turn out nice and soft. I've made this several times."
"My picky eaters didn't go for this recipe. But I put the leftovers (3 days later) in a pie crust and made a potpie, baked at 425 for 30 minutes and it was delicious!!!"