Meatballs Monte Carlo Recipe
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 4 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1. In a large bowl, combine milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meatballs; drain. Combine the spaghetti sauce mix, tomato juice and water; pour over the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 350 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 1,076 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Meatballs Monte Carlo
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.