Hemet, California cook Margaret Wilson needs just one pan to prepare this easy entree. "Once the meatballs have browned, the egg noodles cook in the tomatoey sauce right along with them," she writes.
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix
- 4 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine milk, bread crumbs, onion, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown meatballs; drain. Combine the spaghetti sauce mix, tomato juice and water; pour over the meatballs. Bring to a boil. Stir in the noodles and olives. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs Monte Carlo in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p45
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Meatballs Monte Carlo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review