Meatballs in Sweet Clove Sauce Recipe
- 4 slices dry bread, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1. In a bowl, soak bread in lemon juice for 2 minutes. Add egg, onion and salt; stir in beef. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls; place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes; drain. Combine sauce ingredients; pour over the meatballs. Bake 30 minutes longer or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
3 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Meatballs in Sweet Clove Sauce
"The diced bread is a change of pace from breadcrumbs ordinarily found in meatballs. The sauce came out a little thin, but that made it great served over plain rice. The cloves do make the recipe."
"My husband and I found this recipe in 1997 in The taste of Home, we have making it ever since. This is our favorite meatball recipe just because of the clove in it. Yo won't be sorry on trying this recipe."