Meatballs in Plum Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plum jam
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- In a large bowl, pour milk over bread crumbs; let stand for 10 minutes. Add the egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, salt, pepper and cloves. Crumble beef, pork and veal over mixture and mix well (mixture will be soft). Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in batches. Drain on paper towels. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in water. Stir flour into pan drippings until blended; add the bouillon mixture, jam and chili sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Meatballs in Plum Sauce(2)
Sort By :
Delicious!!! The only thing on the buffet table that was completely gone! The second time I made them, I added just a bit of flour to stiffen up the meat balls a bit so the didn't fall apart stiring in sauce. Got raves both time I made them!
Perfect for a party! These meatballs were the first things to disappear! Our guests were asking if we had any more hidden in the fridge!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Appetizers >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >
- Meatball Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >