Meatballs in Dill Cream Sauce Recipe
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces lean ground pork
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- Cooked buttered wide egg noodles, optional
- In a bowl, combine the beef, pork, onion, seasonings, crumbs and water. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls and place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, melt butter in a large skillet. Blend in flour until smooth. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add dill and meatballs. Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream. Cook and stir for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with noodles if desired or as an appetizer. Yield: 4 main-dish servings.
Reviews for Meatballs in Dill Cream Sauce
Sort By :
I made this for my family and was surprised cause even my PICKY son ate 2 servings! I doubled the recipe, and used only beef since I have beef men in my house, used an egg in place of the water, I did not have the Marjoram so I used basil and upped the flour to 3/4 cup. The sauce was not thick enough for my liking, without it. I served it on mini Penne pasta. I definitely will make this again. But I will have to try the Marjoram soon!!
I usually double the sauce for this receipe, everything except the dill. My family loves it!