A ruby-red cherry glaze made with pie filling gives homemade meatballs festive color for a Christmas get-together. Everyone will love the zesty, sweet-tart flavors, too.—Rita Chabot-Schultz, Ballwin, Missouri
Recommended: 28 Romantic Dinners for Valentines Day (or Any Day!)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/3 cup sherry or chicken broth
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup steak sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef and pork; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake 11-13 minutes or until cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until thickened. Add meatballs; heat through, stirring gently. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Meatballs in Cherry Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Reviews for Meatballs in Cherry Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review