Meatballs in Apple Butter Recipe
"The apple butter and maple syrup give these simple sausage balls a delicious zing," says Joan Reesman, Franklin, Tennessee.
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1. Roll sausage into 1-in. balls. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- 2. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Combine apple butter and syrup; pour over meatballs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Before serving, transfer meatballs and sauce to a microwave-safe serving dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Yield: 8 meatballs.
4 each: 171 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 288mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 9g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 2 fat
Reviews for Meatballs in Apple Butter
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC