Meatballs in Apple Butter Recipe
- 1/4 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 2 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1. Roll sausage into 1-in. balls. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Cool.
- 2. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag. Combine apple butter and syrup; pour over meatballs. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Before serving, transfer meatballs and sauce to a microwave-safe serving dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute or until heated through. Yield: 8 meatballs.
One serving: 4 meatballs equals 171 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 288 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 9 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch.