Bernice Morris, from Marshfield, Missouri, pairs meatballs with sweet baked beans to create this quick-and-easy dish. "I usually serve it with a tossed green salad and dinner rolls to make a complete meal," she notes.
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs and onion until meatballs are browned; drain. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs and Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p22
Reviews for Meatballs and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
"This is the first meal I made as a new bride and it's wonderful. Easy to make and delicious."
Reviewed May. 26, 2009
"I am going to try this tomorrow with frozen meat balls, I hope it works as I have them freezer and would like to use them."
Reviewed May. 2, 2009