Bernice Morris, from Marshfield, Missouri, pairs meatballs with sweet baked beans to create this quick-and-easy dish. "I usually serve it with a tossed green salad and dinner rolls to make a complete meal," she notes.
- 2/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, divided
- 1 can (16 ounces) baked beans, undrained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- Combine bread crumbs, milk, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs and onion until meatballs are browned; drain. Add beans, ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Meatballs and Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p22
Reviews for Meatballs and Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2014
"This is the first meal I made as a new bride and it's wonderful. Easy to make and delicious."
Reviewed May. 26, 2009
"I am going to try this tomorrow with frozen meat balls, I hope it works as I have them freezer and would like to use them."
Reviewed May. 2, 2009