Meatball Vegetable Soup Recipe
My daughter shared this favorite recipe with me. The meatballs make it different from usual vegetable soup recipes.—Phyllis Miller, Hunta, Ontario
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup small bread cubes
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup cooked small shell macaroni
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large bowl, mix beef, egg, bread cubes, 1/4 cup onion and salt. Shape into 36 meatballs. Heat oil in a kettle or Dutch oven; brown meatballs with remaining onion. Add broth, soup, macaroni, peas and thyme; heat through, stirring often. Yield: 6 servings (6 cups).
1 serving (1 each) equals 301 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 782 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC