Meatball Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cheese tortellini (about 20)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Add the spinach, tomatoes and corn; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tortellini, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 278 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 1138mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Meatball Tortellini Soup
"Pleasantly impressed! Can't wait to make it again."
"wE LOVE THIS STUFF"
"Looks good, but I felt like it lacked flavor or a flavor that I like anyways. I added garlic and more salt. The garlic really helped."
"super good and delicious... made my own meatballs and used fresh corn kernels. turned out good!"
"Very hearty soup-I have made it twice-very good!"