“After our son left home, I had to learn to pare down recipes for just my husband and me,” notes Sherry Little of Sherwood, Arkansas. “So I created this hearty soup with fast-cooking frozen meatballs.”
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each)
- 3/4 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 3/4 cup frozen cheese tortellini (about 20)
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the spinach, tomatoes and corn; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the tortellini, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until tortellini is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Tortellini Soup in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p54
Reviews for Meatball Tortellini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review