Meatball Sub Recipe
Do you have a fun-loving family that appreciates pranks? Give ’em a real gotcha this year they’ll never forget. This “sub” features a pound cake “bun” and ice cream “meatballs.” It’s as fun to make as it is to eat! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 3 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon seedless strawberry jam, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1. Place cereal in a shallow bowl. Roll ice cream scoops in cereal to coat. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine 1/2 cup jam and ice cream topping. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds or until warmed. Cut pound cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half on a serving plate. Spoon half of the jam mixture over cake; top with ice cream scoops, remaining jam mixture, marshmallow creme and coconut. Replace cake top.
- 3. In another microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining jam. Brush over top of cake; sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 336 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 220 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC