Meatball Sub Recipe
Do you have a fun-loving family that appreciates pranks? Give ’em a real gotcha this year they’ll never forget. This “sub” features a pound cake “bun” and ice cream “meatballs.” It’s as fun to make as it is to eat! —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 3 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon seedless strawberry jam, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl. Roll ice cream scoops in cereal to coat. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine 1/2 cup jam and ice cream topping. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds or until warmed. Cut pound cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half on a serving plate. Spoon half of the jam mixture over cake; top with ice cream scoops, remaining jam mixture, marshmallow creme and coconut. Replace cake top.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining jam. Brush over top of cake; sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Sub in Simple & Delicious April/May 2011, p64
Reviews for Meatball Sub(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Chocolate Cake Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Coconut Cake >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Desserts >
- Kids Desserts >
- Nut Recipes >