As a home gardener, I'm always looking for tasty ways to use my huge crop of zucchini. This is one of my favorites!—Linda Logan, Warren, Ohio
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Finely chop pulp.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Fill zucchini shells with meat mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato soup and water; pour over zucchini. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Stuffed Zucchini in Country Ground Beef 1993, p55
Reviews for Meatball Stuffed Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review