- 4 to 5 medium zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice off the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Finely chop pulp.
- In a large bowl, combine the pulp, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan cheese, onion, egg and seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Fill zucchini shells with meat mixture. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine tomato soup and water; pour over zucchini. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Stuffed Zucchini
"This was AMAZING! My husband and three KIDS loved it (and they are picky eaters!)"
"These were divine! We had tons of stuffing left over, so make sure your zucchinis are medium-large. We just put the extra stuffing in the pan and piled it around the zucchinis on the plate."
"I loved it! And my hubby said it was a keeper. I blended the onions and zucchini pulp in the blender because the kids do not like the chunky onions and was to lazy to cut it fine. Oh and I sprinkled Parmesan on at the end of baking time and it looked so nice."
"The filling for the recipe is just like meatballs. I've made this with turkey and beef, and always use more than the recipe calls for so I can make additional meat balls. It's really tasty way to use up extra zucchini, which is great because with a garden we normally have plenty of zucchini to eat. =D"
"I think this is the recipe that I got in WV from the people we bought our house from."