Meatball Stroganoff with Noodles Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Make a well in the center. Beat egg yolks, egg and water; pour into well. Stir together, forming a dough. Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Divide into thirds; roll out each as thin as possible. Let stand for 20 minutes or until partially dried. Cut into 1/4-in. strips, then into 2-in. pieces; set aside.
- 2. In another large bowl, combine the egg, ketchup, oats, onion and salt. Crumble beef over mixture; mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 3. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10-15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the soup, sour cream, milk and paprika; heat through. Add meatballs; cover and cook until heated through, stirring frequently.
- 5. In another saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil; add noodles. Cook for 12-15 minutes or until noodles are tender; drain. Toss with butter and parsley. Serve with meatballs. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 504 calories, 24 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 252 mg cholesterol, 1,533 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.