In Roswell, New Mexico, it takes Alpha Wilson mere minutes to fix this comforting combination that's delicious over noodles or rice. A little sour cream adds richness to the flavorful from-scratch sauce that deliciously dresses up frozen meatballs.
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 package (32 ounces) frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in butter until tender. Add mushrooms; cook for 1 minute. Stir in flour and salt until blended. Gradually add the milk and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Reduce heat; add the meatballs and sour cream. Heat through (do not boil). Serve over noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Stroganoff in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p35
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Meatball Stroganoff
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 28, 2010
"Very good and very easy. Great for a quick to make dinner."