Meatball Stew Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 jar (16 ounces) whole onions, drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, chopped onion, salt, marjoram and thyme. Crumble beef over the top and mix well. Shape into 24 meatballs. Heat oil in a Dutch oven. Brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Add the soup, broth, potatoes, carrots and whole onions. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Stew
Sort By :
"Wonderful! Easy! Good!"
"So good even my daughter who dislikes beef tried and loved it she requested it when she came home from college."
"Made this stew this week. We enjoyed it very much and leftovers also. I used my own recipe for the meatballs. Added about 1 T. tomato paste in the stew and used an onion chopped for the jar of onions as that is what I had.Had some leftover peas so dumped those in also.... It is a keeper... Can't go wrong with meatballs...."
"I used mini shell pasta instead of the potatoes and it was great! Very comforting soup!"
"I simmer my meatballs in a bouillon broth (3 cups water; 2 chipotle bouillon cubes; 1 beef bouillon cube) and add them and the broth to the slow cooker with the veggies and a large jar of garlic-lime salsa (Great Value brand from Wal-Mart), which takes the place of the canned broth and soup. We sometimes add cilantro instead of parsley.Same basic recipe, just changed a bit to suit our tastes.Good stuff!"