- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and zucchini; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Skillet Meal
Sort By :
"The only thing I would change is beef to ground turkey and crush red peppers and 1/4 cup of Italian dressing."
"Not enough sauce. I will use another half or full can of tomatoes next time. The meatballs were too herb-y for me, although my friend loved them; I'd like to try it with cubed chicken instead. Otherwise the flavor of the vegetables and rice was delicious!"
"Make sure when you chop the mushrooms, pepper and onion that it is chopped REALLY small. Otherwise the meatballs will fall apart while cooking. The meatballs tasted great but the recipe needs something more. There was not enough sauce, my family thought. Otherwise it is a nice easy meal with everything in it."