Meatball Shish Kabobs Recipe
Convenience foods make this hearty entree a snap to prepare. Purchased meatballs are easy to thread onto skewers. And since they're precooked, you just need to grill the kabobs until the fresh veggies are tender. Basting with bottled barbecue sauce adds fast flavor. -Shawn Solley, Lawton, Oklahoma
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pearl onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meatballs, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and onions. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Shish Kabobs in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p31
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meatball Shish Kabobs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review