VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pearl onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meatballs, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and onions. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Shish Kabobs in Quick Cooking July/August 1999, p31