Meatball Shish Kabobs Recipe
Convenience foods make this hearty entree a snap to prepare. Purchased meatballs are easy to thread onto skewers. And since they're precooked, you just need to grill the kabobs until the fresh veggies are tender. Basting with bottled barbecue sauce adds fast flavor. -Shawn Solley, Lawton, Oklahoma
- 30 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 12 pearl onions
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternate meatballs, zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and onions. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6 minutes, turning once.
- 2. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill 8-10 minutes longer or until meatballs are heated through and vegetables are tender, turning and basting frequently. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
2 each: 81 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Shish Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC