- In a large bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, water, cheese and
- seasonings. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into
- 1-1/2-in. balls. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in oil in batches;
- remove and keep warm.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In drippings, saute onion
- until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; cook and
- stir 3 minutes.
- Return meatballs to pan; stir in tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25-30 minutes or until meat is
- no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°. Cook rigatoni according to
- package directions.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth;
- gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or
- until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add meatballs and sauce; stir
- to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Top with Alfredo sauce; sprinkle with thyme, oregano and remaining
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 849 calories, 41 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.