- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Crumble beef
- over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a Dutch
- oven, brown meatballs in oil in batches; remove and keep warm.
- Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the drippings, saute
- onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add wine; cook
- and stir for 3 minutes.
- Return meatballs to the pan; stir in tomatoes and parsley. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat
- is no longer pink.
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add
- cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Drain rigatoni; place in a large bowl. Add meatballs and sauce; stir
- to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Top with Alfredo sauce; sprinkle with thyme, oregano and remaining
- Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or
- until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 849 calories, 41 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 196 mg cholesterol, 1,027 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 47 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.