I'm frequently asked to bring this casserole to potluck dinners. Folks must enjoy it, because there are never any leftovers to bring home!—Sonya Morton, Molena, Georgia
Recommended: Grandma's Best Suppers
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup 2% milk
- Paprika, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs and soup mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat; drain. Sprinkle with flour; gently roll to coat.
- Place half of the potatoes in a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Top with meatballs and remaining potatoes. In a small bowl, combine soup and milk until blended; pour over potatoes. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Potato Supper in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p71
Reviews for Meatball Potato Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review