- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed and halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over crust; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Top with onion and meatballs; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 12-17 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meatball Pizza
"VERY good. I did make my own pizza crust but that's a personal preference. Delicious!"
"My husband and I enjoyed this recipe for a quick dinner. I'm mad at myself because I forgot I had green peppers in the fridge that I think would have been a wonderful addition to the pizza. I picked up a package of two pizza crusts that came with two sauce packets at Aldi's and used a 16 ounce bag of frozen meatballs to make both pizzas. We loved them!"
"I made this for dinner tonight with homemade dough and canned sauce from our garden last summer. My husband really liked it. We only used 9 meatballs, but still that was plenty. The only thing we could change is next time we would either cook the onions first or just forget them all together or even possibly used dried."
"This was reprinted in the April May 2016 issue of Simple & Delicious, and I immediately liked the idea and thought it could be easily cut down for a smaller pizza. I used a jarred sauce, rather than one from a can, and only four meatballs, which I cut into thirds. I added sliced black olives and tiny diced green pepper, and before topping with the cheese, I upped the heat with a few dashes of hot sauce. I reduced the b baking time to 10 minutes. yummy."
"We have a grandson that LOVES meatballs and meatball pizza. Now I can make him one anytime. easy and tasty!"
"Th family loved this pizza. I used homemade meatballs I had in the freezer and cut them up into quarters or smaller since they are larger then typical store bought."
"easy to make and great flavor. It was a big hot with the kids!"
"I thought this was okay but not great. This was the first time I tried meatballs on pizza and I think the flavor/texture combination just isn't my favorite."
"Great recipe. I added pepperoni, onions and peppers and used tortillas for the pizza base. They made great personal pizzas and everyone could personalize their topping."
"Very very good!!"