"I always keep meatballs and bread shell crusts in the freezer to make this pizza at the spur of the moment," says Mary Humeniuk-Smith of Perry Hall, Maryland. "Add a tossed salad and you have a delicious dinner."
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 12 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs (1/2 ounce each), thawed and halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crust on an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan or baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over crust; sprinkle with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Top with onion and meatballs; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 12-17 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 slices.
Originally published as Meatball Pizza in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p24
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meatball Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review