"I always keep meatballs and bread shell crusts in the freezer to make this pizza at the spur of the moment," says Mary Humeniuk-Smith of Perry Hall, Maryland. "Add a tossed salad and you have a delicious dinner."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 prebaked 12-inch pizza crust
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced
- 12 frozen fully cooked homestyle meatballs (1/2 ounce each) , thawed and halved
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the crust on an ungreased 12-in.
- pizza pan. Spread with pizza sauce; top with garlic powder, Italian
- seasoning, Parmesan cheese and onion. Arrange meatball halves over
- top; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake 12-17 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Yield: 6-8 slices.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.