One busy weeknight, I created these quick and hearty sandwiches with frozen meatballs and canned pizza sauce. They're a snap to prepare, delicious, and my family loves them! —Ann Nolte, Riverview, Florida
- 1-1/3 cups pizza sauce
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Spread 1/3 cup pizza sauce on the bottom of each bun. Top each with 1/3 cup cheese, five slices of pepperoni and three meatballs; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Pizza Subs in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p13
Reviews for Meatball Pizza Subs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review