- 1-1/3 cups pizza sauce
- 4 submarine buns, split and toasted
- 1-1/3 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- Italian seasoning to taste
- Spread 1/3 cup pizza sauce on the bottom of each bun. Top each with 1/3 cup cheese, five slices of pepperoni and three meatballs; sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Replace tops.
- Wrap each sandwich in foil. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Pizza Subs
"I told my daughter to pick us a recipe on TOH to try and rate. She picked this. They were delicious."
"Quick, easy, and hits the spot!"
"This is a great, easy and tasty way to feed a group of teenagers! The only changes I made was to cut the subs in half with two meatballs in each. Also, opened up subs and turned broiler on for just a few minutes at the end just to make them extra toasty. Using the foil kept clean up to a minimum. This recipe will lend itself to being creative with food you have on hand. Anything you can put on a pizza is going to taste good in these subs!"
"I love this quick & easy meatball sub recipe!"
"Very Good! I covered the baking sheet that I broiled the meatballs on with foil, makes for easier clean up. We sprinked a little thinly sliced mozzarella on top. Thanks for sharing!"
"I make these often. They are so good. My husband and son just love them. Thanks for a quick and easy recipe."