- drain and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes, reserving liquid. Combine the liquid with cornstarch;
- pour into the skillet. Add tomatoes and bouillon; bring to a boil
- over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in peas and carrots.
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For crust, in a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in shortening
- until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add water, 1 tablespoon
- at a time, tossing lightly with a fork until dough forms a ball. On
- a lightly floured surface, roll half of dough to fit a 10-in. pie
- Place in ungreased plate; add meatballs. Spoon tomato mixture over
- top. Roll remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling;
- seal and flute edges. Cut vents in top crust. Brush with cream.
- Bake at 400° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. If needed,
- cover edges with foil for the last 10 minutes to prevent
- overbrowning. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 735 calories, 43 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 1,094 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein.