Meatball Party Sub Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 envelope spaghetti sauce mix, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1. In a bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce mix and salt. Crumble beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20-24 meatballs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook meatballs until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, water and remaining spaghetti sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, warm the bread. Cut a thin slice off the top; hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 3/8-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Spoon meatballs and sauce into bread shell; replace top. Slice, serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 453 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 1358mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Party Sub
"So delicious!! We'll be making it again, especially since my younger son actually ate it---and had seconds!! Amazing for a boy who claims to "hate" meatballs and spaghetti sauce. This was a definite hit for us!"