Meatball Noodle Soup Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add noodles; cook 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and the noodles are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 237 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 118mg cholesterol, 808mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 26g protein .
Reviews for Meatball Noodle Soup
"I used frozen Italian meatballs, the salt, pepper, and parsley. This soup was delish."
"This would make a better chicken soup. The meatballs are tasteless boiled hamburger. Dropping the raw meat into the broth causes a terrible odder. The meatballs need more seasoning & browned until almost done before dropping them into the broth, then it might be a good soup. Sorry!"
"This recipe is delicious plus it's quick and easy to prepare because there's no chopping. Great for weeknights or lunch. Thank you for sharing it with us!"