Meatball Noodle Soup
Chicken noodles soup is a sure-to-please standby in every kitchen. This version, which includes meatballs, is a newfound favorite at our house. - Debbie Guntz, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce
- heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add noodles; cook 15
- minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and the noodles
- are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 808 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 26 g protein.