Chicken noodles soup is a sure-to-please standby in every kitchen. This version, which includes meatballs, is a newfound favorite at our house. - Debbie Guntz, Collegeville, Pennsylvania
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add meatballs. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Add noodles; cook 15 minutes longer or until the meat is no longer pink and the noodles are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meatball Noodle Soup in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p158
Reviews for Meatball Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review