Meatball Mushroom Soup Recipe
This creamy, super-thick soup is hearty with meatballs, mushrooms, barley, macaroni and rice. With dinner rolls or breadsticks, it's a simple and satisfying meal for my husband and me on a rainy day. Leftovers easily reheat for a fast, filling lunch or dinner. -JoAnn Abbott, Kerhonkson, New York
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups milk
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Shape beef into 1-in. balls; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine soup, milk and water; bring to a boil. Add Italian seasoning, onion, garlic, barley, macaroni and rice. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, brown meatballs in a nonstick skillet until no longer pink. Stir carrot into soup; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer meatballs to soup. Stir in mushrooms and Parmesan cheese; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 528 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Mushroom Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC