- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute celery, green peppers, onion
- and garlic in oil until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the next
- eight ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 1-2 hours.
- For meatballs, beat eggs in a large bowl. Add the next six
- ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into
- 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking
- pan. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until no
- longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Add to sauce; heat through.
- Serve on buns; top with Parmesan cheese if desired. Yield: 8-10
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 425 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 1,621 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.