Meatball Hoagies with Seasoned Fries Recipe
- 4 cups frozen steak fries
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 cups barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 4 hoagie buns, split and toasted
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- 3 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 ready-to-serve fully cooked bacon strips, warmed
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1. Place steak fries in a single layer in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with seasonings. Toss to coat. Bake according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, place meatballs, barbecue sauce and preserves in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Layer bun bottoms with lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, meatball mixture and cheese; replace tops. Serve with fries. Yield: 4 servings.
1 hoagie with 1 cup fries equals 1,097 calories, 47 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 3,529 mg sodium, 133 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Meatball Hoagies with Seasoned Fries
"I am a field clerk for a construction company. I fixed this for the guys and got rave reviews. This is a keeper!"