Meatball Casserole Recipe
The mini meatballs in this dish have lots of flavor and give you plenty per serving. If you're cooking for more than two, simply double the recipe and bake in an 8-in. x 8-in. baking dish. Cook until cheese is nice and melted. Anu Riley - Boise, Idaho
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash salt
- Dash garlic powder
- 1/4 pound lean ground turkey
- 3/4 cup marinara sauce or meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, egg substitute, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt and garlic powder. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into 1/2-in. balls; place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until no longer pink.
- 3. Drain pasta and meatballs. In a small bowl, combine meatballs with marinara sauce. Spoon half of mixture into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with half of the pasta, cottage cheese and mozzarella; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving equals 453 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 804 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC