Meatball and Sausage Bites Recipe
The Country/Victorian wedding Jim and I planned included a ceremony in front of a hitching post Jim made and two special hula dances (I belong to a Hawaiian dance troupe). A good friend, Linda Allen, prepared this meaty snack, with was a hit.
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 packages (1 pound each) miniature smoked sausages
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 bottles (20 ounces each) barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. With a slotted spoon, transfer meatballs to two shallow 3-qt. baking dishes. Add sausages, pineapple and olives to each; toss gently to mix.
- Combine brown sugar and barbecue sauce; pour half over each casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: about 40 servings.
Originally published as Meatball and Sausage Bites in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p26
Enjoy this recipe with a blush wine such as White Zinfandel or a Rosé.
Reviews for Meatball and Sausage Bites(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Beef Appetizers >
- Beef Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Meatball Appetizers >