- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked alphabet pasta
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. In a nonstick skillet, brown meatballs in small batches over medium heat until no longer pink. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onion, celery, carrots and potatoes in oil for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add garlic; saute for 1 minute longer. Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, basil and thyme; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 5-6 minutes. Reduce heat; add meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Meatball Alphabet Soup
Sort By :
"I really liked the taste of this soup, but the meatballs didn't turn out. I think I either need to make them bigger or just use frozen like another reviewer. I also had issues with my potatoes being cooked all the way so definitely cook for a little bit longer. Great tasting soup though!!! We will be making this again."
"Loved this recipe! Super tasty. I cooked pasta separately so it didn't soak up all the liquid."
"I have made this recipe several times and it is a yummy soup. I could eat it every day. I usually don't bother to make the meatballs from scratch - I just thaw some frozen ones. I also find that it needs to cook a little longer than the suggested time or the potatoes don't get cooked all the way through. Must be my diced potatoes are bigger than the recipe creators. But this is definitely worth trying!"