"Our young daughter loves to help in the kitchen," shares Denise Albers of Freeburg, Illinois. "This pizza-shaped meat loaf is so easy to make that she can do several steps by herself."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup plain or seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt; add
- beef. Stir with a fork just until mixed. Press onto the bottom and
- 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Combine ketchup and sugar; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with
- mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a
- meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Arrange American cheese in
- a lattice pattern on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 355 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 1,036 mg sodium,