"Our young daughter loves to help in the kitchen," shares Denise Albers of Freeburg, Illinois. "This pizza-shaped meat loaf is so easy to make that she can do several steps by herself."
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup plain or seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt; add beef. Stir with a fork just until mixed. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Combine ketchup and sugar; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Arrange American cheese in a lattice pattern on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Meat-Za Pie in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p40
Reviews for Meat-Za Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review