- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup plain or seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 slices process American cheese, cut into thin strips
- In a large bowl, combine the milk, bread crumbs and garlic salt; add beef. Stir with a fork just until mixed. Press onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate.
- Combine ketchup and sugar; spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with mushrooms. Sprinkle with oregano and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and a meat thermometer reaches 160°; drain. Arrange American cheese in a lattice pattern on top. Cut into wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Meat-Za Pie
Sort By :
I first made this pie more than 10yrs. ago..My picky daughter loved it! She also liked baking it. I made it last year for my friends kids & they loved it! im glad you still have it in your files. Check out steak pie & city chicken there great for kids.