Meat Shell Potato Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground chuck or lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 4 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine beef, 1/2 cup soup, onion, egg, bread crumbs, parsley, salt and pepper; mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes; drain.
- 2. Combine potatoes and remaining soup in a bowl; mix until fluffy. Spread over meat crust. Sprinkle with bacon and cheese. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Let stand for a few minutes. Cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 326 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 842mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein.
Reviews for Meat Shell Potato Pie
"I originally turned to this to use up some mashed potatoes, but it turned out to be a popular recipe to use when we had ground beef on the menu, too. easy to make. We used ready-cooked bacon instead of cooking up just 4 strips. Different flavors of mashed potatoes (garlic, cheesy, etc) make interesting variations."
"This was very good!!! It didn't specify whether to mash the potatoes with butter and milk, so I started with just the soup. I ended up adding a little milk to ensure the potatoes didn't get dry when baked. They were perfect! I little topping of sour cream is very good with it."