- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, carrots, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 9 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meat Sauce for Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Very, very good. Nice and thick,, clings to the pasta and has a wonderful flavor. Definitely will be making this again."
"Very good. No need to change this recipe. Will definetely make it again. The family loved it."
"This was my last attempt to make spaghetti sauce and I'm glad I tried this because this recipe is very good. So nice and thick and sticks to the spaghetti. Yes, it does make a lot but that's ok as we like the leftovers. I know we will be making this again and the only thing I would add would be some crushed red pepper for a little more hotness."
"The whole family asked for this one a second time. Easy too."