Meat Sauce for Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, green pepper, onion, carrots, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, brown sugar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until bubbly. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 9 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Meat Sauce for Spaghetti
Sort By :
"Very good. No need to change this recipe. Will definetely make it again. The family loved it."
"This was my last attempt to make spaghetti sauce and I'm glad I tried this because this recipe is very good. So nice and thick and sticks to the spaghetti. Yes, it does make a lot but that's ok as we like the leftovers. I know we will be making this again and the only thing I would add would be some crushed red pepper for a little more hotness."
"The whole family asked for this one a second time. Easy too."
"Delicious! Makes a lot, which is great because we love leftovers!~ Theresa"