Meat Muffins Recipe
Since we're ranchers, we always have a supply of beef on hand. This dish makes up individual servings that are easy to reheat when chores take one or more of us past our usual suppertime.—Judy Nelson, Padroni, Colorado
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1. In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Add beef and pork; mix well. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Pat meat portions lightly into 2-1/2-in. muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Carefully drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spoon topping over each meat muffin. Bake about 10 minutes more or until no pink remains. Let muffins stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 206 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 441 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC