- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, combine egg, milk, bread crumbs, salt, Worcestershire sauce, thyme and pepper. Add beef and pork; mix well. Divide mixture into 16 equal portions. Pat meat portions lightly into 2-1/2-in. muffin cups. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Carefully drain.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients. Spoon topping over each meat muffin. Bake about 10 minutes more or until no pink remains. Let muffins stand a few minutes before serving. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Meat Muffins in Country Ground Beef 1993, p28
Reviews for Meat Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review