Meat Lovers' Snack Mix Recipe
- 1-1/4 cups wasabi-coated green peas
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 3 pepperoni-flavored meat snack sticks (1-1/2 ounces each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ounces beef jerky, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup corn nuts
- 1/2 cup Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup crunchy cheese puff snacks
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Combine first nine ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, chili powder, onion powder, pepper sauce, soy sauce and seasoned salt. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
3/4 cup: 366 calories, 27g fat (5g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 629mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein .
Reviews for Meat Lovers' Snack Mix
"I made this for the big Super Bowl game and my clan scooped it up till all was gone. Love the variety in this and best of all its very filling! Would definitely make again."
"Made this for the game tonight. Awesome!!"
" I made this mix for our game day feast and everyone just loved it!! This is a once in awhile treat when your splurging and throw caution to the wind and enjoy yourself!! Very unique combo of ingredients that really worked. Thank you for sharing your recipe :)"
"I;m sorry, but this is just full of GMOs and nitrites. I would not advise eating it if you care about your health."
"Meet Your Maker Snack Mix. I give one star for the peas."
"I really like this, it's a really great idea."
"This is so awesome"
"I went ahead and made it as something different to offer....it was like a bad dream and wish I never fell asleep"
"It is what it says, Meat Lover's snack mix. Yes, it's salty, but it's party food, not something to eat daily at every meal. I get the concern if you have high blood pressure or another health issue, but really, lighten up people."
"I want to learn how to make those ADORABLE boxes for the next tailgate party!!!!!!"
"There is enough sodium in this to warrant running away....also, wasabi peas is a strange companion to nuts and crunchy, poofy cheese puffs and Rice Chex! It sounds like traditional Chex Party Mix went horribly wrong in some bad kitchen science experiment!"
"This sounds like something my husband and grandson's would love, but the sodium content is way too high."
"lplindsey......after reading all the ingredients, my guess it will last all the way to their retirement party."
"I haven't made this yet, but it sounds delicious and perfect for putting in a deployment care package. I have two sailor sons to make goodies for, but am wondering how long this will keep?"