Meat Lovers' Snack Mix Recipe
Admittedly, this crunchy, savory appetizer might skew toward the dudes. But trust us, everyone will go wild for this go-to on game day! My husband especially loves that it features all of his favorite foods: salted meats, salted nuts and hot sauce. —Gina Myhill-Jones, 100 Mile House, British Columbia
- 1-1/4 cups wasabi-coated green peas
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 3 pepperoni-flavored meat snack sticks (1-1/2 ounces each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ounces beef jerky, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup corn nuts
- 1/2 cup Rice Chex
- 1/2 cup Multi Grain Cheerios
- 1/2 cup crunchy cheese puff snacks
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 250°. Combine first nine ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk oil, chili powder, onion powder, pepper sauce, soy sauce and seasoned salt. Drizzle over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 6 cups.
3/4 cup equals 366 calories, 27 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 629 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Lovers' Snack Mix
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC