Meat Lover's Pizza Casserole
With three children, I need dishes that are sure to satisfy. This has been a family favorite ever since a co-worker shared the recipe. Karin Ptak, Elburn, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 40-45 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 379 calories, 20 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 926 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.