Meat Lover's Pizza Bake Recipe
Carol Oakes from Sturgis, Michigan shares this yummy pizza casserole that's hearty with ground beef and pepperoni. Instead of a typical pizza crust, it features a crust-like topping that's a snap to make with biscuit mix.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1 package (3-1/2 ounces) sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the pizza sauce, pepperoni and olives. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, eggs and milk until blended. Pour evenly over cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 411 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,025 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Meat Lover's Pizza Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC