Meat Lover's Omelet Roll Recipe
This is our favorite breakfast to prepare for company. When I make it for just my husband and myself, we get to enjoy the luscious leftovers!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 15 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup finely chopped onion, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 12 eggs, separated
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup cooked Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, drained and crumbled
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. For mustard sauce, in a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayonnaise, mustard, horseradish and 1-1/2 teaspoons onion until blended. Refrigerate until serving. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper; grease the paper and set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine flour and remaining mayonnaise until smooth. In a large bowl, whisk egg yolks until thickened. Add the milk, salt and pepper; whisk into flour mixture. Cook over medium-low heat for 6-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Cool for 15 minutes.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into egg yolk mixture. Spread into prepared pan. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute celery and remaining onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add the ham, sausage and bacon; heat through and keep warm.
- 5. Remove omelet from oven. Run a knife around edges to loosen; invert onto a kitchen towel. Gently peel off waxed paper. Sprinkle cheese over omelet to within 1 in. of edges. Top with meat mixture. Roll up from a short side. Transfer to a serving platter, seam side down. Cut with a serrated knife. Serve with mustard sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 506 calories, 43 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 370 mg cholesterol, 904 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC